Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a problem with my scenic; every time I turn I get drips of water flying out of the overhead console that the courtesy and map light are in.

Anyone else have or had this problem? And how the heck do I fix it! :crazy:

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there, if you click on the 'search' button at the top of the page and type in 'pond' you will find a few similar posts with fixes.
Regards leroy

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi guess is its your aerial thats letting in the water or the sunroof but i would start at the aerial you will have to gain access from the in and around the light center console to take it out to reseal it i hope this helps Donald

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had a look at POND and saw it was about foot wells and stopped, but ill have another look now, cheers.

Hi guess is its your aerial thats letting in the water or the sunroof but i would start at the aerial you will have to gain access from the in and around the light center console to take it out to reseal it i hope this helps Donald
ill take a look if the rain breaks, thanks

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
had a look at POND and saw it was about foot wells and stopped, but ill have another look now, cheers.

ill take a look if the rain breaks, thanks
No problems when you do get the center console off and can see the aerial from inside the car i would get someone to run water in and around it from outside before you take it out and see if you can see it entering the car first before you take it and seal it all the best Donald keep us posted please

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2000, just poured boiling water down both to clear and both ran down ok. so hopefully that'll do, if not i'll re-seal the aerial.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is best to seal it with? im a complete noobie at doing stuff with cars but am sick of paying 50 quid for a garage hust to "look at it" for me

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Have you had chance to look at it and has it stopped leaking?

Any news Robaultscenic?:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I have a problem with my scenic; every time I turn I get drips of water flying out of the overhead console that the courtesy and map light are in.

Anyone else have or had this problem? And how the heck do I fix it! :crazy:
We had this problem with a Clio. It turned out to be a blocked guttering. Advised to open up sunroof to effectively clear the moss causing the blockage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts