Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.6 RT "R" Reg Scenic has developed a whistle that is dependent on throttle position, ie. if you accelerate the noise goes but light on the throttle it returns. This is reminisent of the vacuum gauge I used to have in an old Minx. Also, the idle speed is very high - as high as 2000 rpm or more. If you reduce the speed of the engine with the clutch whilst in 1st gear to approx 800 or 900 RPM it will stay there until you pull away again, it also hunts somtimes between 1500 and 2000 RPM. While this whistle is there it is obvious that the exhaust is quite potent!!! I have checked all the vacuum pipes that I can see and seem OK.

Mike

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Sorry you haven't recieved a reply.I'll move your post to the relevant section of the forum and bump it back to the top.

It does sound like an air leak somewhere,but I'll let others add their thoughts.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar Problem here but on a totally different engine: mine is a 1.5 dCi.
When the engine is idle, and only after a good run, a slight whistle can be heard in the cabin from the dashboard area. No idea what is causing it. Any help/comments welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts