Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,

just got a scenic (2000 - Wreg), but the arm that holds the rear wiper has been snapped off.

does anyone know where and how cheap i can pick one up for?

also the rear washer doesnt seem to work, it may just be im using the controll wrong but when i turn the rear screen washer bit, it shoots out the front?! anyone know how i remedy this?

thanks,

Rob

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Firstly i would try to source a the rear arm from a scrapyard or breakers or even ebay that would be your cheapest option, failing that id also ring Renault parts so you could what sort of price you are looking at, now and again they suprise you and if it aint much more i get a new one (highly unlikely though) plus you will know how much you have saved.

With regards to squirting the front and not the rear, on my 04 Scenic i twist the right hand side control away and hold it for a few seconds, the rear wiper starts then a few secs later the water comes out. I guess if your squirting the front you must be pulling the stalk towards you?:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

definatly twisting the rear wiper/wash toggle to the correct position, it squirts the front jets but not rear.

when you use the front jets as normal they come on and the wipers, when i try to use the rear jets i get the front jets and no wipers (on the front, cant tell if the back came on due to the missing arm).

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It sounds like either the washer pump or the switch is faulty.The same pump is used for the front and rear washers,the voltage is swapped to work the pump either fowards or backwards to send water to the front or rear.You need to check the voltage at the pump swaps as you work the front or rear washers.If it does swap,then the motor is faulty,if it doesnt,then the switch is faulty.I'd put good money on it being the pump,though.:)

Have you managed to source a wiper arm yet?:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts