Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a Renault Scenic 53 plate. Last week the dashboard went entirely black, flickering on or off, beeping a warning sound. After browsing this forum I realised it would probably be the common fault of the dash going and that I would have to pay £100 to get it replaced.

So, I booked it into Renault, and they phoned me to say they had bad news, that it possibly wasn't the dashboard, but the wiring loom that needed replacing. Apparently, a clip(?) has broken on the wiring loom and the whole thing has to be replaced...for a grand total of £1545.24 (inc vat and labour). They said it looked as though it had been forced and snapped, however, I have had this car for 10 months, and I know we have definately not done it and I have only ever had it seen to at Renault since I bought it. They said it was possible the previous owners haqd done this.

I can't afford this, so have brought the car home and only had to pay £29 for diagnostic. What can I do...surely there is another option to this. If the previous owners snapped it, why has it taken so long to fail...also is there anything I can do in the short term as I NEED a car at the moment, surely there must be something I can do if the last owners were able to temporarily bodge it together?

Also, final question, one I don't hold much hope on, can I take the car back to the showroom I got it from and complain (I have had car 10 months).

Hope someone can help me,

Thanks

Caroline

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update - as expected, the car showroom can't do anything about it. Does anyone have any suggestions what I a can do? I need my car to commute to uni (40 mile round trip) and it is my last week of my third and final year next week. Really can't miss it...can't afford to hire a car either.

Any help greatly appriciated :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts