Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living part of the year in Germany it is amazing to see the difference in service quality.Before I left the uk a tyre fitter damaged the pressure sensor fitted a new one and tried to get itt reprogrammed at the local Renault main dealer who said can you book it in we need it for a few hours ,so he returned it to me as I needed the car ,left it unprogrammed till I arrived home in Germany I then took it to a local Renault dealer to book it in the answer was sit down have a coffee it took under ten minutes and was informed Renault do not charge for this service in Germany. While I was there I thought I would get a new key card as I had sat on one damaging the door open function they had it in under 24 hours and was preprogrammed from the factory 111euros including 19%vat UK dealer in Huddersfield wanted £173 plus the car for two hours.All I can say is I love my Laguna but anything to do with repairs is either doityourself or find a good independant but stay away from dealers in the UK.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Not sure what the labour charges per hour are in the UK now - £70?
Renault France charge between 41 - 48 euros per hour
(£35.00+/-), half the price!!
The last time i used a ferry, it cost me £31.00 return - Ferry - Book all European Ferries Online with Ferrysavers.com.
Chris M has hit the nail on the head if you live within striking distance of Dover....;)

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
My parents have a holiday home in the center of France, and my Dad try's to plan their trips down there to coincide with the service time for his Audi, as the local Audi dealer down there is almost half the price than that of the UK dealer he's bought his last 2 Audi's from! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
The dealer I worked for increased their rates to £85 +vat per hour for repairs and £97 + vat per hour for diagnostics..

Here in Spain the Dealer rate is €35 + IVA (16%) per hour which at todays rate is £23.60 +IVA..

So yes it is Rip off Britian...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts