Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys it's been a while since Iv been on here . I have a renault traffic van 2008 with the 2 litre m9r in its misfiring on tickover all the way up past 2500 rpm also hasn't got hardly any power my suspect is a injector has gone down so I unplugged injector no 3 why engine was running and no change in the way the engine was running can anyone give me a idea thanks

·
Premium Member
24,247 Posts
An injector leak-off test may give a better diagnosis as to what is wrong. If the injector is leaking disconnecting its wiring will have no affect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply that's basically answered my question as there is no affect when I disconnect the suspect injector . Rich

·
Renault Senior Tech
178 Posts
You're lucky you didn't destroy your engine disconnecting a piezo injector like that. If you'd caught it in its energised state it would have stuck open and bent a rod! They aren't the same as the old solenoid ones. Anyway prob not a leak off problem, more like water under the injector cover on the cylinder head. One or more injectors has gone short to ground. The injectors will probably be seized in the cylinder head and so will the injector clamp bolts. You can get them pulled out for about 80/100 per injector. You will need to confirm this at a good independent garage. If the fault code misfire cylinder # short to ground is stored then testing the injector electrically will be required. Once 100% happy I'd replace all 4 as it won't be long before the rest fail. Also cure the water leak from the bulkhead/scuttle panel too. Expensive job when they go unfortunately

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Clio142 thanks for your reply Iv had it code read yesterday and the outcome was p0203 injector circuit open cylinder 3 . It's dry on top of engine at moment but you can see there has been water there at some stage also on the dash is the engine check light also the electric fault light and finally the service light . Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts