Independent Renault Forums banner

161 - 180 of 260 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
But if the ECU is getting funky electrical inputs, if a faulty part/ and/or connector is sending incorrect signal to ECU, then send duff info to the regulator..?
Hence I said to DISCONNECT THE PRESSURE SENSOR ON THE RAIL ............................................ you yourself confirmed the wiring and ECU to be present and correct imo by reporting back that the FPR starting buzzing louder because the ECU saw the lowest possible pressure reading (built-in default) under that condition
So me chasing the 3v on ground wire could be a red herring?
YES!

·
Registered
Renault Traic 1.9Dci 2005
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
SO,
at this minute we have a fuel getting to the rail, and building pressure

reading now, thanks.
The diagram of the system helps too, thank you
So, after reading and watching some videos, Would I be correct in thinking, if I was a VET and the van was my patients puppy, at this point I would be calling the owner into the office and telling them "please sit down, I have some bad news for you, your pups (high pressure pump) is dead, do you want us to burn it, bury it or chop up its organs for parts"...

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
Not necessarily.

But you are heading there if you are 100% sure you have done all you can ito priming AND pump timing- hence everything I suggested to try in that regard.

The suction valve (or then FPR solenoid) is a way cheaper solution than a whole pump and if you are going to get the thing running it may be an idea to replace THAT only at this stage - if you then eventually have to replace the pump too it can be re-used and its not a waste of money.

That's what I would do anyway - don't know if somebody else has a better suggestion or can point to something that was missed or interpreted wrong

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,447 Posts
Sorry, forgot about the make, its a ..............
Botch.. sorry I mead BOSCH
Read this thread then and see if it applies
Some pretty videos in there as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Not necessarily.

But you are heading there if you are 100% sure you have done all you can ito priming AND pump timing- hence everything I suggested to try in that regard.

The suction valve (or then FPR solenoid) is a way cheaper solution than a whole pump and if you are going to get the thing running it may be an idea to replace THAT only at this stage - if you then eventually have to replace the pump too it can be re-used and its not a waste of money.

That's what I would do anyway - don't know if somebody else has a better suggestion or can point to something that was missed or interpreted wrong
changed it last week,
FUEL PUMP REGULATOR VALVE 0928400487

also changed the fuel rail pressure sensor last week
Bosch Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

, and yesterday changed the
Trafic 1.9 Fuel Rail Pressure Relief Limiter Valve
so its not looking good for the pump..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Read this thread then and see if it applies
Some pretty videos in there as well.
will do,,,,i do like a good video... :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
OK, so.......... took off the front part

no damage to the spindle,,,
so, think am gonna have to learn how to set TDC change the timing belt, water pump and pully (which to be fair was on the cards to be done beginning of next year)
so we can play with the pump and stick a RECON in there............ To be honest its not cost-effective to the value of the van to spend the money to take it to a garage to have a new pump, new water pump, new pulleys and all the man-hours to do it, but for me spend a few hours watching videos reading manuals and following advice its got to be worth a go.......YOUR THOUGHTS?

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
Figure direction pump shaft rotating (clockwise looking at the tab?) - create drive tool to run in a cordless drill and spin that sucker - see if it will suck and blow diesel?

That a crack on the lift pump body I am seeing there?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Well spotted, i thought the exact same thing when i uploaded the picture, but when i checked it was smooth as silk, no crack, no damage...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
so if i turn over the engine now with this bit removed, i should **** derv all over the place.... should i have a go?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
OK...SO...
When I prime the bulb with this bit out of the pump, it pisses all the derv out from the infeed of the pump body
When I turn the ignition the spindle rotates but does not pull and derv out of the infeed of the pump body , is this due to it requiring pressure to pull it in via the spindle pulling the derv ? if so could it be that inside the spindle female (the part i removed the fins are duff? or the core has detached from the fins?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Trophies awarded to MrSteve1066

1. 10
    a moment ago Can't stop!
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!

·
25,447 Posts
Not sure what you were doing there with the feed pump unit but....
That derve comes out the holes without that bit on when you pump the primer is good.
That none comes out when you crank it over means nowt.
The fuel feed from the primer comes to the feed pump (the bit that is off) where it is pumped at high volume/low pressure to the HP pump side....which generates the HP needed.

Inside that feed pump body should be something like a gear pump.... can you open it up?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Not sure what you were doing there with the feed pump unit but....
That derve comes out the holes without that bit on when you pump the primer is good.
That none comes out when you crank it over means nowt.
The fuel feed from the primer comes to the feed pump (the bit that is off) where it is pumped at high volume/low pressure to the HP pump side....which generates the HP needed.

Inside that feed pump body should be something like a gear pump.... can you open it up?
will have a go .... all looks good to me

·
25,447 Posts
Uhm...looks okay to me as well, I assume the gear all move nicely?

The spindle speed is AFAIK same as pump speed which will be a proportion of crank RPM.
What proportion depends on tooth ratios of crank pully and pump pulley... I'd guess at least 2:1 so pump would be around 100rpm if crank is 200rpm but 4:1 would be 50rpm

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Uhm...looks okay to me as well, I assume the gear all move nicely?

The spindle speed is AFAIK same as pump speed which will be a proportion of crank RPM.
What proportion depends on tooth ratios of crank pulley and pump pulley... I'd guess at least 2:1 so pump would be around 100rpm if crank is 200rpm but 4:1 would be 50rpm

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Too dark to play with her any more tonight...
Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of

Spaghetti Steve & his non-starting Renault Tragic

161 - 180 of 260 Posts