Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone, so as the engines running again I been trying to sort the gearbox problem now.
So I've ran through everything using delphi software, no fault codes, bled and bled the hydraulic system and the clutch fluid side over and over, set the engagement and biting points etc, but the biting point wont come any lower then 1800-2000rpm how ever, every so often it will set up and start biting just above idle, when driven up the road it drives and changes gears lovely, then after a few minutes it will go back to being crap, biting at 1800-2000rpm and struggles staying in gears, worst when pulling away, it will rev up and start moving then change to 2nd slip so much the van slows down and it goes back to 1st gear.

I been told to backwards bleed the clutch cylinder but havent done that as of yet.

Many thanks for any help

Darren

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,545 Posts
PULL the handbrake on FULLY, chock all four wheels .
Put in first, and leave it to tick over for about 20 minutes.
DO NOT LEAVE the van, just sit inside it
You can have your heating on, and radio.
JUST dont touch the pedals This will adjust the clutch biting point

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PULL the handbrake on FULLY, chock all four wheels .
Put in first, and leave it to tick over for about 20 minutes.
DO NOT LEAVE the van, just sit inside it
You can have your heating on, and radio.
JUST dont touch the pedals This will adjust the clutch biting point
Ok I will try this, do I need to tell the van to reset the clutch point again? Also what will happen after 20 minutes will it jerk and stall or do I just turn the ignition off before trying it?

Thank you for the quick reply.

·
40,545 Posts
Just turn it off and then restart and try it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so re-bled the clutch system reset everything and then sat there in 1st without touching the pedals for 20 minutes, turned it off, ignition on into natural and then tried it and nothing changed.
I read somewhere you need to drive it 100yards a few times to get it to set itself up so I'm gonna go to a carpark later once my boys in bed and try that. It's looking more like I'm going to have to get renault clip or take it into to renault, but I'm sure they will just say it needs a new unit lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still no joy with this, I have Renault clip now, and everything sets up apart from the biting point, it says to turn ignition on, select all the gears then neutral, start the engine and leave for 10 seconds to set up the biting point which should read done, but it wont confirm no matter how many times I've tried. I'm now ready to rip the unit off and completely strip it down and replace all the orings etc then hope it works else I shall rip it back out and fit a clutch pedal and a manual stick lol.

·
40,545 Posts
what codes either E, or S , see if I can find the info ,

·
40,545 Posts
DONT pull anything apart just yet.
Lets see what the procedure is..
No other faults in the system is there, as these would need clearing first without starting the engine ..just ignition on ..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DONT pull anything apart just yet.
Lets see what the procedure is..
No other faults in the system is there, as these would need clearing first without starting the engine ..just ignition on ..
No mate no faults showing, heres a shot of the screen showing what's complete and not complete

·
40,545 Posts
You aren't allowed to post screen shots.
Can you see the ET codes,
write these down and post these then
Will also need your Vehicle type code, the 4 alphanumeric you entered into Clip , if clip did not enter these ..
( Found in your oval plate, just below your VIN number )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok sorry didnt realise about the screen shot taken by my camera wasnt allowed lol.

When loading into clip I let it find the vin on it's own.
The et code is ET062
And I think the code on the oval plate you mean is FLOD or FL0D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You aren't allowed to post screen shots.
Can you see the ET codes,
write these down and post these then
Will also need your Vehicle type code, the 4 alphanumeric you entered into Clip , if clip did not enter these ..
( Found in your oval plate, just below your VIN number )
I tried emailing you 4 times and it wont let me so I'm just going to bite the bullet and rip the robot out and strip it down. The borrowed van im using needs to go back and I need mine working as im self employed and need to work.

Thank you for your help so far...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure if you can see it but when I took the unit off, I noticed this plug wasnt plugged into the unit. Not sure this will stop it setting the bite point but I will strip and replace all the o rings before putting it back together and that plug back on and try it again.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts