Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,after being sorn for two and a half years my renault trafic passed the mot yesterday after a good wash and new battery !! I was after advice as to any servicing the van would need after all this time standing .And could i do it myself to save a few pennies ? thanks:confused:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
As well as whats been mentioned, I'd be looking at new brake fluid, and replacing the coolant (backflush the rad if you can).

Also check the condition of the hoses, whilst you are there.

I'd then try and gently build up the miles & speeds on it, keeping an eye on how its behaving.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for advice paul ,do u think the diesel in the tank needs an additive of some kind being its been there for a while ( to say the least !!)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
My first reaction would be to say yes, but presumably it passed the smoke test, so its combusting what there is without a problem.

Depends on how much fuel's in the tank, if less than half, I'd top it up with 'fresh' only, if more than half full, I'd add some additive to help it along with some fresh diesel.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theres about a third a tank ,so i'll top her up with diesel.thanks for the advice mate :d

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Not a problem, always a pleasure to help out where I can.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts