Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a campervan as listed in title and some nice person has bumped into it and smashed the Fake? driverside front sidelight next to the headlamp, this fake light has no electrics inside at all just a painted silver surface, does anybody know if they are still available to purchase from anywhere? or possibly the part number, I have been told that its not a renault part but do not beleive it as I have seen them on vans, pickup flatbeds, mini buses and many renault campers. Thanks Phil

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,167 Posts
This exact same question was asked by another member within iirc the last 6 months. I'm going to struggle to find the link to this thread because of this new forum set-up but if I can find it I'll post it up.
But in a nutshell it seems these light trims are no longer available so its a case of trawling ebay etc for vans being broken or fabricating a metal sheet infill yourself as its a non-functional item.

·
9,167 Posts
Blimey!! I found the thread:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, I had a feeling that would be the case, thinking of making a mould and making one out of fiberglass and painting it as it has no use as a light, been quoted over £40 for one from a breaker so they must be quite rare now and he knows it.
Thanks again
Phil

·
9,167 Posts
been quoted over £40 for one from a breaker so they must be quite rare now and he knows it.
Also silly to take the P with that price as he'll have to wait 5 years before finding the last remaining Trafic owner crazy enough to pay that figure. I can't stand breakers that'll give you £20 for a complete vehicle to scrap and then charge oodles for just a little fixing. I'm past keeping vehicles 'original' if economics get ridiculous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted now, I carefully pieced what I had together with superglue dabs to hold them in place then bit by bit filled the voids with superglue layer by layer and hit it with fast set spray, once at a level I could recreate the shape I sanded with multiple grades down to very fine wet and dry and now have a lens to fit, doesnt look good inside but the outside is quite close to origional, £40! not a chance from me, would rather smash the other one and fill them with constructors foam then bodge over the top to shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts