Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Megane 2 cc 1.9 DCI is at a garage now for a cylinder head replacement. They have put it on and it runs, but they told me the previous garage who did the diagnostic must have tried to time the crank and had a tool slip which broke the crankcase breather pipe. Now it spreads oil everywhere like crazy.

Is there a part number for this pipe? Is it easy to replace?
Otherwise, is it perhaps part of a larger part which I can buy instead?

Here is a photo of what I need and is missing:
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
6,683 Posts
Hi

give Renparts (our site sponsor) they must have dead engines lying around they could take one of these off and pop n the mail.
(you may need to also e-mail them this photo for them to identify the part - see what they say on the phone)

Al

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
give Renparts (our site sponsor) they must have dead engines lying around they could take one of these off and pop n the mail.
(you may need to also e-mail them this photo for them to identify the part - see what they say on the phone)
Thank you very much for the suggestion! I emailed them today.
In the meanwhile I managed to find better photos of the said pipe. It enters the bottom of the engine block and then gets connected to the oil breather with a rubber hose. Here are better photos (click on the link for a couple more than the one showing):
Any other ideas how to track one down would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts