Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i cant find this one anywhere, my dam cat has chewed through my sharkfin, rendering my Sat Nav inoperable, i have a replacement fin, but am wondering where to start with fitting/removing the lining, i dont just want to rip it off, and unsure if its just held on by clips,

many thanks for your replies in advance,

MAtt.:confused:

·
Premium Member
Espace 2.0dci, 2010
303 Posts
I am presuming the "shark fin" is fitted to the roof (sorry, but I am unfamiliar with the component) but if it is of any benefit the aerial for the radios is located in the rearmost offside window should that be a clue as to a POSSIBLE wiring route.

I form this opinion by looking at my SWB 04 plate MK4 Espace.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a bit of a late reply but I bought a replacement GPS aerial on eBay - a square magnetic mount - and fitted it under the plastic trim below the side glass on the passenger side. It was relatively straight forward to run the wire around the door trim and through the back of the glove box using a length of wire to feed it.

I had looked at replacing the shark fin but that looked like a monumental job and the 'bodge' works perfectly picking up sats straight away and can't be seen at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.