Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me if any new cd/mp3 player can be adapted so that the steering wheel controls will operate as per the original player?:confused:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one thats there at the moment is the factory fitted one from Renault. ( I'm driving a Laguna II sports tourer 2002 ). I haven't decided what type of new one I am going to get. I thought I would find out a bit more about the adaptability of different makes with the steering controls first.
I don't want to go to a dealer. I have been quoted 485 euro for a cd/mp3 player to be fitted:steam:

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
when getting my cd player i was told the ones at the higher end of the price range would be able to work with the stalk controls, apprantly Balupunkt, Sony and JVC are the best ones

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
I put an after market Sony head unit in my previous Lag. but had to buy adaptors in order for the steering controls to work. Cost me about £35 for the adaptors. Hal'frauds' do them and they actually, for a change, are not any more expensive than those I found on the net.

Have a look below for the type you will need, once you know you can shop around for the best price.

Car Stereo Fitting Kits - Nexxia

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all who suggested Halfords. Unfortunately, they haven't opened a branch here in Galway yet and the nearest branch is 75 miles away.

Might be worth the trip though cos it would save a lot of hassle

·
Registered
12 Posts
i've got an alpine head unit in my megane , i had to buy stalk adaptors for it they work great , pioneer do the adaptor leads as well , i would say alpine or blaupunkt for sound quality or pioneer for the oel screens if you like that kind of thing , one thing though halfords are well overpriced for the actual head units , anything of decent quality anyways. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
halfords only sell at rrp so your local ice shop must be right rip off merchants...no offence intended , i was actually on about online you can easily save £100+ on rrp's :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts