Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My issue is both 20 year old fobs have packed up working the central locking. I have re soldered the button on the circuit boards a cpl times in the past. That little trick no longer working.the little copper wire covered component has broken off on one and i cant re solder that. god knows why the other isnt working.
All i need is to operate the central locking. I DONT need the immobiliser operation. Due to fitting a certain gadget years ago that i got told off on the forum before for mentioning. So will i still have to go down the official renault replacement fob and having it set up at a garage...basically costing more than the 2001 cars worth? or is there a cheaper option ,fob repair etc. Thanks for any advice anyone can give. Andy

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,351 Posts
Try a locksmith.. get a quote and see if that is ok thats all I can recommend that you do.. not a lot of options here are there really :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a locksmith.. get a quote and see if that is ok thats all I can recommend that you do.. not a lot of options here are there really :)
yeah i guess not ,finally dropped my keys once to often, miracle they've survived this long.thanks anyway.will just have to manually open the drivers door and use the central locking button from now on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unfortunately your remote is automatically programmed into your car when the chip is programmed.
Unless you get your remote repaired, your gonna have to go fora new remote.I dont know where you are but we are in Essex and we can supply and programme these in for £100 total inc vat. We need the car for .10mins.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately your remote is automatically programmed into your car when the chip is programmed.
Unless you get your remote repaired, your gonna have to go fora new remote.I dont know where you are but we are in Essex and we can supply and programme these in for £100 total inc vat. We need the car for .10mins.
Hope this helps.
lol down in cornwall.thanks anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts