Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much hard work looking for the right car at the right price i've settled on this Citroen C5 2.2HDi. 101k on the clock and was covered in finger print powder when i bought it, it looked like the laquer had lifted but after half hour with some T Cut this is the result. Princely sum of £430 ..... :d

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Excellent looking motor for the year & price :eek:

Had they got another? :d

A friend of mines just passed her test and is now looking to buy a car, and wanting to spend no more than 500 notes. I told her you're not going to get a decent Asda trolley @ that price, but having second thoughts though now.

Albeit I'd guess a C5 2.2HDi would cost her a bomb to insure.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I think the clue is 'it was covered in finger print powder when I bought it'.;)

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
I think the clue is 'it was covered in finger print powder when I bought it'.;)
There any bank notes left on the inside Saabguy ! :d

Thats a good buy mate, cant say I'm a fan of the shape / looks of it personally, but thats just me.

We had one of those C5's at work, full of gadgets and very smooth to drive. The only thing that worries me if the hydraulic suspension, expensive to fix if it goes wrong. But then again at £430 for the car, who cares.

Good luck with the car. :)

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suspension was the first thing i checked Dave...goes up/down smoothly and irons out the bumps beautifully. 4 new tyres fitted in Jan, only thing it needs is a washer bottle. Might be able to fix the leak once i've pulled the bumper off to get access, just have to wait and see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts