Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i was wondering if someone could tell me in step by step detail how to replace my door handle on my 97 Scenic? I did buy a Haynes manual incase it told me in there, but only a little bit of info, so hasn't really helped ( i'm sure in will with the many jobs that needs doing though ;) )

Thankyou in advance, or if there is anyone in the Dorset area willing to do it cheaper then a garage please do contact me :)

Thanks again

Kate :eek:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Kate.

Hopefully another Member will offer you advice with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi all i was wondering if someone could tell me in step by step detail how to replace my door handle on my 97 Scenic? I did buy a Haynes manual incase it told me in there, but only a little bit of info, so hasn't really helped ( i'm sure in will with the many jobs that needs doing though ;) )

Thankyou in advance, or if there is anyone in the Dorset area willing to do it cheaper then a garage please do contact me :)

Thanks again

Kate :eek:

Is it the internal handle or the external one?

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

It's the external one, it just seems so fiddly to attach it all back up, the internal i am ok with, thanks for your reply

Kate :)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi k8te, it should be quight straight forward, the easiest is to undo the screws that hold it on and withdraw it slighty, that allows you to unhook the actuator bar/rod, reassembly is the reverse, just dont try to force the bar off or on with the handle screwed in place.

If you need you can also replace the locking actuator bar/rod, both parts are less than £25 from a dealer, a bit more if its a painted handle (supplied in primer)

Hope it helps :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts