Independent Renault Forums banner

Replacing Megane Wing Mirror

21K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  chris m 
#1 ·
Hi - I have today smashed the wing mirror on my megane, are they easy to replace yourself?

I smashed it good by the way, the exterior cover has gone and I have even damaged the triangular section of plastic on the door that the wing mirror assembly is attached to!

I have a Megane Dynamique 2005 dci85.

any sensible advise gratefully received - thanks

#2 ·
Hello not so good but these things are sent to test us all it is quite easy to do there is a plastic cover from inside the door witch removes giving you access to bolts screws and electric connections so you can then remove and replace its a good job for a novice to start with i hope this helps a little all the best Donald

#3 ·
Hello & welcome to the Forums Rsv1000r.

O dear easily done, is nothing salvageable from the damaged mirror as they are quite expensive to replace, which side have you damaged as one has the temp sensor in it, it is a straight forward replacement I believe.

Others on the Forum may offer a different opinion.

Regards

Ottoman

#7 ·
Thanks _i've tried ebay but they don't have one for an 05 model for sale. I've got parts gateway doing a search for me.

its actually a lease vehicle, but I have to pay the first £80 of any claim anyway and then I lose my end of lease no claim bonus, so its worth my while to fix myself rather than claim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.