Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the webbing on our near side rear seat belt has torn, I believe because it was caught in the latch that secures the rear seat and we pulled on it :crying2:. Obviously I need to get this sorted, especially with an upcoming MOT. I've looked online and it should be possible for me to replace the whole seat belt unit with pretensioner - apparently I can get a used replacement unit from various suppliers (although it looks like a bit of a minefield trying to find the exact model that will fit the car). I've also seen seat belt re-webbing services that will do the job if you send the unit to them. Can anyone provide guidance / advice / recommendations about either option? Also, if I remove the seat belt unit to send it off for repair, will the missing seat belt affect the operation of the car in any way (I'm thinking that the pretensioner is part of the electrics)? Thanks.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
if you remove the seat belt then you will be able to get the exact part number off the body of the seat belt reel, then look for that part number instead of car and year etc. speak to RENPARTS, one of the sites sponsors, they are a wealth of information as they dismantle only Renault's. The car may through a nag about a missing pre-tensioner, but will not stop the car starting,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you remove the seat belt then you will be able to get the exact part number off the body of the seat belt reel, then look for that part number instead of car and year etc. speak to RENPARTS, one of the sites sponsors, they are a wealth of information as they dismantle only Renault's. The car may through a nag about a missing pre-tensioner, but will not stop the car starting,
That's excellent, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts