Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new to this forum. I have a scenic 1.9dci 2004 and need to reset the service computer. Any ideas?

Best regards

Mark:) :)

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi marky981

Welcome to the forum.

Have a go at this,

Renault scenic service reminder light reset.

... push the mileage trip button on with the ignition on, turn off the ignition still holding the button in.
Turn on the ignition again. Keep holding the button and eventually a series of dashes appear
- you have now reset the service reminder.

Hope that was of some use.

:) :)

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Me again.

Sorry can't confirm if it works with card type ignition,can confirm it works on our key type though.

:) :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I tried the ignition switching suggested by Glenda just out of curiosity and instead of the service reset on my Kangoo 1.9 turbo diesel I got the following :-
ALL the lights came up on the display, even ones not valid on my car.
The mileage was replaced by "CAL A"
A musical tone played and all the gauges went through a sequence of :- zero, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% of full deflection.
This kept on until I switched the ignition off, subsequent to this the problems I've had with the immobiliser SEEM to have gone!!!
FC:)

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi French Chemist

Looks like you put it into a test mode.

Also reset your immobiliser..good news.

Hows you milometer though does it still read CAL A. or has it returned to normal? Must be used with caution as i have read of some reverting to kilometres and unable to reset to miles, this was on lagunas though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glenda, I thought the name would give it away! I'm English but live in France. The "CAL A" has gone and it's still reading in kilometers as it should. Actually I've been looking for a way to change it to miles for when I visit England but so far no luck.
FE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts