Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone inform me how to reset the service light as a friend of mine who is a mechanic has carried out the service for me. Renault informed him that when the service loight appears to press computer button on the end of the wiper stick, but this hasn't seemed to do anything apart from go into test mode.

please help

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums.

On my Vel Satis, I use the button on the end of the wiper stalk to bring the service indicator display into view.

Then, I hold down the stalk which is in the instrument cluster, after a few seconds, the display starts to flash (keep holding the stalk down), and it should after a further few seconds - reset itself.

Your car should operate on a similar principle (I would presume).

Hope that helps,

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Yes i have to agree with the above post, toggle to the screen which will say service or oil change (its the screen which shows messages). When on this screen hold either one of the toggle buttons down until it starts flashing (on mine it says 18000) hold for a second or so longer and then the mileage count down for your next service will say 18k and the message screen should be clear.

Regards

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts