Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am having this problem with my clio. Its a 2003 dci 65 and when I start it cold there is this really loud whirring sound. Which sometimes changes tone, I have heard from a few places that it the resistor pack which is making this noise and that you can clean them out??? Could anyone help me with this, or tell me where I can find the pack and motor unit for the interior fans.

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does the car have Climate control? if so its the climate control sensor? they tend to buzz on start up, the resistor pack as far as i know dont make any noise, they just play up.

If you mean the climate control sensor, its where the interior light is located, just pop off the interior light casing, and u will see a tiny fan, they buzz when they get dirty, or the fan dries out.. if u need any help give me a shout, as i replaced mine a few months back.

Gemma

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey,
no unfortunately it doesnt have climate control. It just doesnt make sense how this thing can be makin a noise when the fans are off, i think i will disconnect it all and have the fuse out to make sure something else isnt causing the noise

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmm u mean the heater resistor pack? im sure they only control the speed of the fan.. so cant see why that would buzz?

Did u get Renault to have a look through their fault finding cd? as the resistor pack speed issue is common on them, but never know them make a noise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havnt actually been to renault yet. i wish i could have resolved the problem myself as i am not keen to start paying dealership labour prices. think i will have to go and see what they think.

thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I drive a 51 plate dymanique clio and it too makes a whirring noise and i cant seem to pin point where it is coming from, its been happening for about a year now and just yesterday the bloody blowers have stopped working! im taking car to local garage tomoz so will keep you posted how I get on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts