Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
no espace expert (though just bought 2.0 16v ) you need to take a pulse from alternate . There should be a terminal marked W . This is the pulse output terminal this go to tacho and you will a 12v + & - to tacho as well . You might have to have the macho calibrated
Glenn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that,with mine been a diesel i know there are 2 kinds of alternator i have just found out,1 with w terminal and other with out, mine does has the one with out,so with out getting a alterntor with w con i wasted money on a diesel rev counter:eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
No you have not , you got take alternate to a auto elect repair centre and have the alternator tagged for macho . This means having a wire solder on to one of the legs of the diode pack so you get a 9v AC pulse out witch is on the w terminal normally to trigger the tacho. We do this a lot on the boat engines I work on . I have a 2001 2.0l 16v race edition G/space with on paper work only bought 4weeks ago ,does have the dash fuel consumption computer or like mine on seem to display total and trip mileage. Sorry did not get back to you sooner been hospital seen sunday only just got out
Regards Glenn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that does not sound nice:eek:,as for ur dash,with haveing the diesel it does not have trip computer on so i dont know really what to say,would be handy havin that on my car.sure i will find someone up here to do it,but thanks any way mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts