Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 rxe 2.0l scenic and cannot get it to run right.
I have replaced the coils and put a new cat on and new lambda sensor.I also got an electrition to check it and all is fine and had a compression test done and that was perfect they said.
Oh and just for good measure i got new leads and plugs.
But still no good it just runs bad and is really rich so i checked all the hoses and there ok so i am lost now ???

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Have the engine coolant sensor/s been checked?

If faulty the ECU may think the engine is always cold and not adjust the fuel mix correctly.

No guarantee that's the problem but the engine coolant sensors have the biggest influence on fuel mixture.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if they have been checked but the engine is really rich when cold if it runs at all.
if you put your hand by the exaust it would be black strait away. only other thing i can think of is if my inlet manifold is leaking so causing too much air going in so it over fuels to compensate and is way too rich stopping it starting anygood as well ???? oh the temp sensor for coolant is reading ok on dash but as you say it could still be one of the other temp sensors i will get em checked.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
A leaking inlet manifold usually doesn't cause rich mixture - more likely the opposite plus the engine idle will far too high.

I ytake it the air filter and inlet system has been checked for oil contamination, etc.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it has been checked before it went in for other stuff but i will check it again this weekend.
At the same time see if i can get a new air inlet temp sensor as well.
Anything is worth a try :crazy:

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
Ecu temp sensor is near the coolant temp sensor, it has 2 wire and as a test you can bridge the plug with electrical wire, that will fool the ECU into acting as if the engine is always warm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for help but the problem was that when the cat went and they put new one on they did not clear out the pieces of broken cat from the rear boxes so it was blocking the gas flow and chocking the engine despite me asking them to clear it 3 times. So i went to another place in the end that sorted it for me.
Thanks to ams on knightcott ind,est and whatever you do never go to formula 1st on winterstoke road for a cat because they dont give a damn.avoid like the plauge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts