Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me lol all the indicators on the right hand side of my car have stopped working!! went to renalt about it and they said it is probably to do with the stalk. £72 quid later nope still the same problem me and my dad start to take the dash apart and the bloody thing start working again!! 20 mins later they stop again!ffs lol.was just wondering of anybody has had the same problem won their car?? and how they fixed the problem.
many thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Check the hazard warning switch - there are known problems where it can cause indicator problems:)

P.S. Maybe your dad disturbed it during his work.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
make sure the indicator relay is clean and dry, and check for loose wiring, also check the earth is making good contact

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem

Any luck with this. I've the same problem. The indicator has also stopped automatically cancelling. Guess a fuse but don't now how to change. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi ServiceC the fact the indicator has stopped self-cancelling suggests the indicator stalk switch is faulty or broken:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
But when I put on the hazards the right side ones don't work. I thought maybe the stalk problem my be symptomatic of the other problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey service c no it isnt the stalk tryed that 72 quid down the drain lol nt the fuse either need to find out where the relays are cause that may be the cause and also try a new hazard indicator switch tehy go wrong apparently

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Two bits of good advice from Noel so far.

As he says, if the indicator switch isn't self-cancelling, then the switch is faulty. Not much help for Liam, but a good place to start for Service C, as the switch will need replacing anyway. You could be lucky and find that this also fixes the indicator fault, or you may be unlucky and left looking elsewhere afterwards.

I'd also second Noel's original comment regarding the hazard light switch. These are notoriously problematic on Renaults, and the normal indicators will probably be wired through the hazard light switch too. It's a relatively easy part to change and shouldn't cost too much.

The worst case scenario is one I'm not keen on at all. I'm not sure about the 99 model, but on an 03 Clio, the indicators will be controlled by the UCH. If that's gone faulty, then it's an expensive bit of kit to replace. You can't buy second-hand, and they have to be coded to the car by someone who has the Renault diagnostic computer.

Just one last thought. It could be one of the plugs into the UCH that's loose. I think they're accessible from the front passenger footwell, over towards the door.
Give the plugs a good jiggle (or disconnect/reconnect if you can) and see if that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts