Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Guys but I have to rant again about the price of new parts,the time has come for my wifes clio to have new pads and shoes, disc's and drums

rear brake drums £ 365.64

shoes £ 75.28

pads £ 52.00

disc' £ 160.00

total £ 577.64 for a cheap French little car ,I know you can buy cheaper patent parts but then there is no point in having a Renault,bear in mind these are wear and tear parts not something special !!!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Sorry Guys but I have to rant again about the price of new parts,the time has come for my wifes clio to have new pads and shoes, disc's and drums

shoes £ 75.28

pads £ 52.00

disc' £ 160.00

total £ 577.64 for a cheap French little car ,I know you can buy cheaper patent parts but then there is no point in having a Renault,bear in mind these are wear and tear parts not something special !!!
:confused: why can't you buy patent parts if you own a Renault:confused:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,926 Posts
I was told by a MOT tester never use Renault discs, so went the £19 each and £9 for pads car shop route, cant tell and difference except they seem to be better wearing.
Winner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I sympathise with focusphil - I was very bemused lately when one of my alloy wheel centre inserts went 'missing' whilst it was conveniently on a car park.
I found a - as in singular - insert which Renault wanted £34.99 for :crazy:

Suffice to say, I bought 4 imitation ones on ebay for £14 and guess what?
Yup, they don't fit!!!

Am I allowed to put an ebay link on here?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts

shoes £ 75.28

pads £ 52.00

disc' £ 160.00

I don't think I know anybody that would fit Renault supplied brake parts when the after market ones are so good and so much cheaper. Try Eurocarparts or GSF for Brembo parts at a fraction of that price.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yep,aftermarket brake parts can be as good as OE spec (or better) as Renault don't make their own brakes,that is trusted to companies like Bosch,ATE,Bendix etc and they all offer aftermarket parts at a fraction of the cost of genuine ones.

The genuine parts are only a rip off because people think that they have to buy them or they think aftermarket parts are all poor.

As for the eBay 'bargain wheel centres',you really ought to know better,eBay is littered with poor quality imitation parts.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Were these prices originally quoted including labour?

·
Registered
62 Posts

shoes £ 75.28

pads £ 52.00

disc' £ 160.00

:eek: one hell of a mark up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts