1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Anyone any suggestions on where I can get cheap roof bars for my Lag? Even ebay stuff is ending up in the region of £80 - £100 which is way more than I can afford. I am really desperate for some:(
I'm sure my Halfords ones for the Lag 1 cost a lot less than that. They were their budget model though, and a bit of a pain to fit. Not really awkward, just time-consuming.

Check your dealer too, as I paid around 50 quid for the official Renault Lag II bars. Maybe they still have Lag I bars at a similar price.

The Renault bars (for the Lag II at least) are much easier to fit than the Halfords ones, though the idea that they're lockable is completely ridiculous. They basically clamp on using a 5 sided allen key - there's no standard tool that will fit, but the 'key' that you get with it will fit anyone's bars. The rubber feet also have a tendency to drop off and go missing whenever you store them, which is a pain. I keep meaning to superglue mine on :p

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure my Halfords ones for the Lag 1 cost a lot less than that. They were their budget model though, and a bit of a pain to fit. Not really awkward, just time-consuming.

Check your dealer too, as I paid around 50 quid for the official Renault Lag II bars. Maybe they still have Lag I bars at a similar price.

The Renault bars (for the Lag II at least) are much easier to fit than the Halfords ones, though the idea that they're lockable is completely ridiculous. They basically clamp on using a 5 sided allen key - there's no standard tool that will fit, but the 'key' that you get with it will fit anyone's bars. The rubber feet also have a tendency to drop off and go missing whenever you store them, which is a pain. I keep meaning to superglue mine on :p
Thanks H. Maybe I'll give the dealers a try. I've got my eye on some Thule one's on eBay at the moment though and am waiting for the chap to get back to me re postage costs. He only wants £20 for the bars, feet and fixing kit - bargain eh:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what area are you in scatz ?
A long way from you my friend....right down on the 'sunny' south eastern coast in a, err, lovely little fishing town called Hastings:rofl: - East Sussex m8:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Matt but they're still a bit too pricey for my liking but I will bear them in mind if I dont have any luck with the others I have seen on fleabay - bloke still has responded to my email though:mad:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

Just to let you know I got hold of the one's I was checking out on fleabay.

Full Thule set (bars, feet, and fixing kit) RRP £117.88, price I got them for including p&p.........£33.50.....bargain:d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts