Independent Renault Forums banner

Roof not opening beep and message

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  funkoval 
#1 ·
Hi to everyone I'm new to the forum and need some help please.

Just bought my first renault it's a megane extreme convertible 2008.very happy with the car but it had an issue with the back window it didn't line up to the front window so there's a gap between the two window seals i looked it up on Google and found these can be adjusted so today i removed the inner back side trim to gain access to the window with no luck i couldn't find how to adjusted the window so i put all back together and thought okay garage job However since doing this the roof has now stopped working all i get is a beep and a message saying see hand book which i don't have what's happened the only thing's i disconnected was the rear speaker and the window switch all the windows work fine one at a time or all together with the centre console switch I need to get the roof open and clean and treat the rubber seals as there's a small leak on the passenger side and the boot is leaking as well. Is there a reset i can try to get the roof working again thanks Rod

#2 ·
Front of the car, passengers side windscreen to roof, micro switch hidden in there, see where the two hooks marry up, put your hand inside and press it a few times, now spray with penetrating oil and you will here it click as its moved.. That should cure your roof,
Rear window,, did you watch the video on how to get the window out,, ..
Are the windows parallel to each other Gap from back window to front window, or front window, is at an angle..
Think we will need pictures for this to help you..
Am assuming here you have not been in the boot and sent that shelve like part back, as this needs to be closed, to make contact with the micro switch on the left hand side (near the interior light , the part that boot height shelf goes thats the switch)
The shelf height is what you can put in the boot , below it, and your roof will store in the boot anything above that height and that not in place is a NONO..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.