Independent Renault Forums banner

roof rattle!!!

Tags
rattle roof
4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Madmanau 
#1 ·
hi, ive got this really annoying rattle in my clio headlining! ive had a little poke around and found nothing that seems to be loose!!! grrrgh! any ideas guys? (its got electric sunroof with blinds):confused:

#2 ·
Hi rusty,

The only thing that springs to mind to me is somthing thats loose?,i looked at a Megane a while back to find one of the runner screw bolts lying in the roof recess, so it might be something like that?, it was also only visible when the sunroof was open and you could look down into the car and thats when i spotted the screw in question,

I hope that helps you a little:eek:

Cheers Don

#4 ·
Hi,

Are you 100% sure its coming from the roof?

Its easy to think a noise is coming from a particular place? for it to be coming from somewhere else:crazy:if you get my drift? as sound travels,

I think thats your best way forward, but before you go removing the head lining cloth have good look and poke around the sunroof area? and take from there,

Iam sure others will help out soon?

Cheers Don

#5 ·
Open the sunroof and get on a step ladder standing next to the car, unless you happen to have access to some mezzanine where you can stand and look straight down into the car.

If it gets to that, removing the headlining itself isn't as much of a fuss as removing all the bits and bobs to get to it, depending on the age of your Clio.
In my Laguna, I need to remove both sun visors, the centre sun visor clip, pillar covers for both the A, B, and C pillars, before I can take the thing down.
If you've got airbag curtains, don't let that discourage you, as these should remain seated in their brackets when you remove the pillar covers.

#7 ·
i think ive narrowed it down a bit! whilst on the A22 on a long drive today with the mrs driving, i pulled the headlining apart a bit (without causing an accident!!! lol) and it seems to have something to do with the control cables either side of the sunroof motor... i grabbed them both and it considerably quietened. gonna get in closer tomorrow on the drive and have a tinker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.