Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since buying from new 18months ago., the engine runs rough, clicks into get you home mode and then clears. This often happens from cold but has happened several times when warm and driving along. Dealer has had it in several times and then claimed that this was a "Characteristic" as nothing could be found.
Renault have now agreed that this may be so.
A totally unreliable car. Any suggestions for resolving?:devil:

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
21,741 Posts
Sorry cant help you about your problem but I would be looking for a decent Renault dealer and not one who is fobbing you off which it seems that your present dealer is doing as the car shouldnt be showing these symptons at all, good luck

·
Banned
955 Posts
Since buying from new 18months ago., the engine runs rough, clicks into get you home mode and then clears. This often happens from cold but has happened several times when warm and driving along. Dealer has had it in several times and then claimed that this was a "Characteristic" as nothing could be found.
Renault have now agreed that this may be so.

A totally unreliable car. Any suggestions for resolving?:devil:
You are joking?
Trading standards, consumer direct, your local friendly solicitor - I'd be talking to them before I talk to Renault again.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,391 Posts
just give it back to them and tell them not to return it untill its sorted and give you a car in the process to run around in
i know a lady that had a problem with her car she parked the car up outside the dealers with banners around it and stood by the entrance with a board so every one that pulled into the dealers could stop and read what the problem was the police came but she was on a public footpath so they could do nothing it took 2 hrs but they came and took the car and exchanged it for another of the same model :d
Ron

·
Banned
955 Posts
just give it back to them and tell them not to return it untill its sorted and give you a car in the process to run around in
i know a lady that had a problem with her car she parked the car up outside the dealers with banners around it and stood by the entrance with a board so every one that pulled into the dealers could stop and read what the problem was the police came but she was on a public footpath so they could do nothing it took 2 hrs but they came and took the car and exchanged it for another of the same model :d
Ron
:toast:Good, but it's a shame she had to do that just to get it sorted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts