Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to the site and have just got myself a 1998 laguna 2.0 16v Rti

It seems to rev very high in top gear??
Its doing 4100 Rpm @ 80 Mph in 5th gear, Is this right or has some one put a diffrent gearbox in it?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Welcome to the forums Sussex Stu. I am sure someone will be able to help with your query soon. By the way, I'm sure you meant @"70mph";) :d

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Stu. I have recently bought a laguna 2.0 16v. I was doing 4000rpm at 80mph. I thought this was very strange!! would like to know if this is correct.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
My Lag 1 phase 2 1.8 16 valve is very low geared too....

It's revving at around 3500rpm at 70mph,so both of yours are about right.It does seem that they are geared like this,but it does make motorway cruising very tiresome and noisy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Lag 1 phase 2 1.8 16 valve is very low geared too....

It's revving at around 3500rpm at 70mph,so both of yours are about right.It does seem that they are geared like this,but it does make motorway cruising very tiresome and noisy!
So it sounds like mine is ok :) I was a bit worried Id brought a lemon!
So glad because its one of the nicest cars Ive had, we just sold our bmw 320 and got the laguna
you get so much more for your money, my laguna's more comfy, got air con, better on fuel and a bigger boot!
And still looks good

Which is handy when you have a 8 month old baby and another on the way!!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Congratulaions!(you must be mad:d)

The Lag 1 is indeed a fine car,and I'm on my second one.The first was a 1999 1.9dTi,and going from that to the petrol one has really shown just how short geared the new one is!.For the first few weeks I was constantly checking that it was in 5th because it sounded as though it was still in 3rd!.Luckily I don't do much in the way of long journeys,so it's not been such a problem.

Good luck with the new car,and the new baby!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts