Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd just post a thread on behalf of my son and our local under 7's team. Today we took part in a tournament in Bristol and won!!! This invloved winning 5 games.

I have coached the team for the last 2 seasons and it was great to see them win - and with no "pushy" parenting at all! The highlight of the day was beating our local rivals 6 tries to 3. We are only a very small squad which makes it all the better.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Brilliant news as a father i just know and where your coming from great,super all the very best:)
Donald

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Brilliant news for you....also a great weekend for british rugby, all british heinekin cup final after beating the frogs....get it on wasps

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant news for you....also a great weekend for british rugby, all british heinekin cup final after beating the frogs....get it on wasps
Yes indeed.

Lets hope all the home nations can get their acts together and catch up with the kiwis soon. Maybe not this world cup but the next!

Thank you for your comments!

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
unfortunately that may be some time away

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They should be on Central contracts to eliminate the club vs country issues I think.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
need to naturalise some of the club players maybe

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I thought I'd just post a thread on behalf of my son and our local under 7's team. Today we took part in a tournament in Bristol and won!!! This invloved winning 5 games.

I have coached the team for the last 2 seasons and it was great to see them win - and with no "pushy" parenting at all! The highlight of the day was beating our local rivals 6 tries to 3. We are only a very small squad which makes it all the better.
Great stuff Hugh, Well done, from little acorns mm.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Well done Hugh, much better game than Footie, and makes boys into real men, not girly like football players :p

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done Hugh, much better game than Footie, and makes boys into real men, not girly like football players :p
I agree - in their agegroup (U 7'2) the local football team have a squad of 50+. At the rugby club it's about 10-12!!

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
you only have to look at the guiness premiership, heineken cup and the anglo welsh cup to see what a magnificent game rugby union is......not really any primadonna's only guys who give it all week in week out for a fraction of a footballers wages.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was talking to one of our parents the other day - their child also plays football. They had a football match cancelled because the visiting coach had quit - he had been punched the week before. Not by a parent of an opponent but by one of his player's parents for not selecting him!!!??

This does NOT happen in rugby.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts