Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to one and all.

I know i have damaged my car but want to get an idea on what needs doing. Basically I had a runaway engine about a week ago and engine cut itself out after about 10 seconds. Was trundling along at about 60mph when my car decided to pump out white smoke blocking up a duel carriage way. I have drained the oil out today and its black but no milky gunk or metal shavings. the engine still turns over but doesn't fire up. so don't think its seized. not sure about compression as yet to be tested.

What damage could i have done? im game for doing the work myself, as i figure once i have sorted it i should have an engine that's good for another 50-100k miles as its only got 52k on the clock at the minute.

my car is a 1.5dci clio on an 02' plate.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
I'm guessing here but sounds like blown turbo

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,415 Posts
May be it broke the cam belt or over revved and bent the valves a compression test may tell you something

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello to one and all.

I know i have damaged my car but want to get an idea on what needs doing. Basically I had a runaway engine about a week ago and engine cut itself out after about 10 seconds. Was trundling along at about 60mph when my car decided to pump out white smoke blocking up a duel carriage way. I have drained the oil out today and its black but no milky gunk or metal shavings. the engine still turns over but doesn't fire up. so don't think its seized. not sure about compression as yet to be tested.

What damage could i have done? im game for doing the work myself, as i figure once i have sorted it i should have an engine that's good for another 50-100k miles as its only got 52k on the clock at the minute.

my car is a 1.5dci clio on an 02' plate.
hi best do a compreshion test could be fueling problems pump injectors need to spend some tine on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.