Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1.6 scenic 06 reg
a few weeks ago i got a dash warning saying check emissions, i ran a fault scan and got intermittent cylinder misfire,
i changed the coils and it ran lovely , then the other day the same thing ,,so this time i changed all the spark plugs and although its running better it still isnt right and still says check emissions ,i had this on a mk1 scenic and it turned out to be dirt in the injectors ,
do you think this might be the case here

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Coolant temp sensor since you have a scanner - are the values you see sensible?
What are engine warm LTFT and STFT values doing?
Since you have a scanner, when engine cold, switch on ignition,start logging/graphing the upstream O2 sensor voltage - start engine and keep doing this for about 3 minutes - post results here .............. lets take it from there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but i only have a basic code reader which gives fault codes not all the info you mentioned but, ill strip injectors off first then clean them then try coolant temp sensor, thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Do coolant temp sensor first imo...........

Quick/easy coolant sensor test wrt your misfire problem while engine cold only:

Pull plug off sensor, ignition on, engine not started yet - want to hear cooling fans come on - yes?
If yes, start engine - misfires gone/better?

Refit sensor plug

Just me too ................. the cost/effort of stripping injectors etc and cleaning for probably no good substantiated reason would make me say, for a lot less money get yourself a cheap ELM327 obd dongle and with your cellphone using eg Torque get the values/data of those parameters I mentioned before ............. my guess upstream O2 issues with no further data available

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do coolant temp sensor first imo...........

Quick/easy coolant sensor test wrt your misfire problem while engine cold only:

Pull plug off sensor, ignition on, engine not started yet - want to hear cooling fans come on - yes?
If yes, start engine - misfires gone/better?

Refit sensor plug

Just me too ................. the cost/effort of stripping injectors etc and cleaning for probably no good substantiated reason would make me say, for a lot less money get yourself a cheap ELM327 obd dongle and with your cellphone using eg Torque get the values/data of those parameters I mentioned before ............. my guess upstream O2 issues with no further data available
well think ive sorted the problem
i started at the n/s end of engine and removed first coil and replaced it with one of the old ones, and it made no difference so put the newer coil back on and went to the next coil and did the same. no difference, then went to the third coil along and swapped it with one of the older ones and it ran lovely ,all back to normal, so i think one of the old spark plugs i changed last week must have been faulty and it caused damage to the coil ,so everything is okay now touch wood, thanks for all the help and suggestions , i appreciate it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts