Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Keep the relplies clean eh lads!)

My car is just over two years old and the wheel nuts on the alloys, especially the locking nuts are now becoming terribly rusty and look terrible. I will have to go and get some alloy wheel paint and spray them but does anybody else have this problem?

O

·
0 Posts
I don't have it on the Renault but it is a common issue on the 911!

I was going to replace the nuts or take them off and paint them silver but too be honest, apart from the fact that I coudln't be ar5ed taking them all off, I thought they would just end up getting scratched when they were taken off again in the future or the paint would come off when I put them back on etc.

I ended up buying a small tin of black enamel paint and using a fine brush just painted the ends that could be seen, they look great now - it sounds naff but looks really effective. I suppose it depends on how much of your bolts are showing, mine are pretty well recessed.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
VEL SATISfied said:
(Keep the relplies clean eh lads!)

My car is just over two years old and the wheel nuts on the alloys, especially the locking nuts are now becoming terribly rusty and look terrible. I will have to go and get some alloy wheel paint and spray them but does anybody else have this problem?
This is quite a problem I'm affraid. The two metals react with each other especially when to roads are wet and covered in salt.
A good spray with WD40 or simmilar will help but as OG says painting them will help a bit...
Just a job that will need to be repeated regularly

S

·
0 Posts
neleh tells me my nuts have lost their sheen. Might be time for a bit of tickling up

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I shall go with the black enamel paint as I have seen cars with alloys and black wheel nuts before and it does look smartish, better than rust anyway. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
selwonk said:
neleh tells me my nuts have lost their sheen. Might be time for a bit of tickling up
If we had said something like that scen1c would get seriously wound up.......;) :p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts