Independent Renault Forums banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi know this is an old post but now have decision to make. Clutch is slipping very slightly and OSF drive shaft has knackered C.V. joint. First time it's let me down in 2 years always gone through MOT first time. Superb in snow and icy roads. Do I decide to do repairs myself or empty bank account for someone to do job or scrap. Reason for not scrapping need 4wd. P.O. has fitted new prop shaft still has Renault part no label on it. 4 virtually new all weather tyres battery. In very good condition for age and mileage. 02 plate and 150k miles. Easy for me to get in due to age and height. Have done similar job on Volvo V40 and S40 replace gearbox and clutch had to drop engine, sub frame NSF suspension exhaust etc etc. Both where Renault engines one 2.0 petrol and other 1.9 diesel. Book time was 10-12 hours by dealer. Took me 3 days in sub zero temps and snow showers (don't ask). Obviously if I decide to do it myself patience and time would be essential to tackle this job. Parts are reasonable prices but labour cost is through the roof. 80% of quoted prices are labour costs. Get impression garages hate to do this job. Views and comments most welcome good bad or indifferent.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts