Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks; Im working on a tidy 1995 2.0, which once a week will not start. It loses the electric feed to the pump in thje tank. Both brown relays under ecu on osf wing replaced(fuel pump & engine control relays). All harness connections checked;ok. Owner usually gets it to start by disconnecting/reconnecting battery.Works nearly every time. Ive only managed to see the car once in this condition-& a quick test with a testlight seemed to show the relay was being triggered ok by the ecu,but still no fuel pressure.Alas, whilst checking further the car then started before I could look further. It never stalls/hesitates whilst driving,only will not start intermittantly(usually but not always from cold). Owner now tiring of car (shame coz its mint)-any thoughts anyone out there?!
Thanks,Escy.:mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same symptoms

Hi mate. I know someone who owns a 2001 clio 1.4 with exactly the same symptoms you described there. So far the TDC sensor has been changed but to no avail. The engine is turning but not firing the spark plugs on all four cylinders when it doesnt start, but when it does they all fire. A mechanic told me today to check the engine relays, i think you've already done this?? You say you have no fuel pressure?? Maybe you have a dodgy fuel cut off switch.
Are you getting spark all the time and the engine still dont work? Im going to see the car today to check the engine relays anyway. Apparently theyre located behind/near the air filter. Will let you know how it goes. Hope your one comes along nicely and let me know if you find out what it is !

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts