Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a number of Renaults, including the massively under-rated Safrane and an Alpine A610. Was just looking for info on a heater problem I have with the Safrane and stumbled across the site. Haven't had a memorable problem with the Safrane in 8 years of ownership and it is a hell of a car for not a lot of money. The A610 is my toy and my absolute pride and joy. Love both cars for completely different reasons, both are an individual choice!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Any chance of some photo's of the A610, love these cars.

When I was in my teens, my best friends dad worked in Renault sales, he got the A610 for the weekend to take to a hill climb, it was bright yellow. It was used as a pace car at Silverstone.

Kind Regards

Stewart

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It made a strange noise a few weeks back whilst I was driving as if something had come loose/collapsed around the fan. It is now really noisy when you increase the fan speed although everything still works.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Possibly the flap that isolates it from outside. I can't remember much about that but from the car i broke the mechanism was a bit frail looking.

The blower motor can also suck in leaves (the felt filter starts to break up) and they make it sound very noisy. Sounds to me like you possibly have two issues. The blower motor is under the plastic cover. Open the passenger door, remove the two black screws at the side, one underneath (towards the middle of the car), possibly another by the door. Pull the cover fowards ( it will feel a bit tight at the top but it won't break anything) and then put it aside. The blower motor is held in by 3 screws from what i remember but its quite heavy so have your hand under it when removing the last one. Unplug and clean it out. You can reach up to the flap so you can take a look to see if there is anything wrong in there.

If you do have a fault up there it's a bit of a git to fix. If its just the servo then thats hard to replace but accessible. If its the flap then i think its a dash off job. I broke one up last year and that whole area was a nasty job to get to. I wanted the heater matrix out so i knew how to replace one and it was an impossible task - like the heater blower mechanism it appeared to be held in by an invisible force.

Also, you might (with the battery disconnected for half an hour) want to remove the passenger air bag and check the actual heater air pipes. Some are made of cardboard and come unstuck - If you do a forum search for my other posts you'll find a post by me with instructions for this.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.