Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up Lag2 Privelege Navigation a couple of weeks ago and now starting to use the Sat Nav. Already found that it doesn't have 2 of my destination addresses or postcodes (or my home address for that matter) The discs (original Carminat) are Copyrighted 2000 Norwegian Mapping Authority and 2003 Top-Map. Question is are these the most up to date discs considering that it is now 2007?.

As I travel frequently in France, do Renault supply these discs or do I have to buy from an independant source, because it's out of the host country? Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a search before I posted and some of the threads seem to have been from early last yaer so was looking for a more recent approach.
Thanks, Coedffranc

M

·
0 Posts
have a look at the thread further up the list and also try this
These discs are VDO-Dayton compatible Navteq disc for GB & Ireland (+ major roads of Europe) 2006-2007 with TMC enabled, points of interest and postcode input. Also available are full detail level map of France and other European countries are available from [email protected] and are very reasonably priced. If you order please mention that I passed you on to this source.
Thanks
Mike4369

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the delay in responding, been working night shift. Have not had a reply at present from av8walla. I haven't been too bothered with the delay as I thought he might be away on holidays. If I do get anything i will post.
regards,
Coedffranc

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there, I got the 2006/7 GB disc and also the France one from av8 and both work fine in my Lag 2000W carminat but as mentioned he does take a while to reply,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
26 Posts
MIKE4369

I had used the right email address I just copied the one from Coedffranc's reply ~5 for my posting

I have had problems with outgoing emails with my internet provider so I wasn't sure if they had been delivered.

Did you manage to see if he is in the Parker's forum ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike 4369. Iv'e just come back from hols in France so only now picking up threads and emails. Haven't had a response from av8walla whilst i've been away so I don't know if he's still around.

By coincidence I called into one of the main Renault garages not far from where we were, and the France disc is about £40 cheaper than if sourced in UK (rip off britain again?).

By the way had a puncture on the way to France but thank goodness for a full size spare and not a space saver with the distance I had to go before a replacement could be fitted (123euros( £86.50) balanced/fitted. and no problems with the tyre sensor considering the 24hr gap)
coedffranc

·
Registered
26 Posts
I never got a reply from av8walla and I also checked Parkers forum.
However, I managed to get a legit France map CD still in its sellophane wrapper on eBay from a seller (powerninja62) in France for only 84 Euro inc P&P. A real bargain :d when Renault UK are charging £130 :steam: . He's got another France CD for sale now Item number: 180135325127 if anyone is looking for one

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Hi,

just to let you know - and the guy who has already bid circa £3 will not thank me for it .....

Currently a 2005/6 VDO daytona disc on sale on an infamous website. 14 hours left

Nige

1 - 14 of 14 Posts