Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first thread, so I hope you can help. What I read so far has been impressive.

I recently bought a used Laguna Privilege which has a few problems. One is the Sat Nav which switches itself off competely after around two hours driving. The manual says it does so in extreme temperatures although I have Climate Comtrol and temp is OK. Is there anything I need/can do to fix this? I noticed the MW Radio crackles a lot, does this have anything to do with it?

Redbeeb

·
Registered
36 Posts
SatNav problems . . .

Hi . .
When it refers to extreme temperature problems I think it is talking about the temperature inside the unit itself.
If you go into diagnostic mode using the '4112' code you can check out the internal temperature and see if it is high.
Mine is usually running around 27~30deg . . if it is alot higher than this then you can expect problems.
Maybe check that the unit is not being smothered by something to cause it to overheat.
If you are not sure where it is situated . . .refer to a useful site I found that has a PDF of various Renault models and how to access the SatNav/Carminat unit.
'http://www.matrasport.dk/Cars/Espace/vault/JE/3729A.pdf'

Hope this helps . . . .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Laguna TC. The link you sent is great. It is very useful and I recommend all pick it up.

Red

1 - 3 of 3 Posts