Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with this problem I have with my sat nav on my 2002 laguna initiale.
When first switched on the screen is fine but after a few minutes, the right hand side fades, still visible but very faded.
Is this going to be an expensive fix?
Thanks,
Dodgyrog.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Lag 2's or sat nav are not my strong subjects,but I'm sure someone else will be able to help you.:)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Can anyone help with this problem I have with my sat nav on my 2002 laguna initiale.
When first switched on the screen is fine but after a few minutes, the right hand side fades, still visible but very faded.
Is this going to be an expensive fix?
Thanks,
Dodgyrog.
Hi,

It's either the backlight or the display. When you say fades do you mean in contrast or brightness.

Either way it's a replacement screen. E-bay or breakers is your best bet.

Ian

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the sameissue with my satnav display on my 2005 Laguna II - can someone please tell me (maybe with pictures for Dummies :p ) how to remove the unit form the dash without busting things.

I found one in breaker yard and it cost me like 20€ as opposed to Renault over here asking over 100€ so to Dodgyrog I have to say I agree with Eeeps : try a scrap yard first.

cheers

Maq

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sat Nav Screen

Hi all,

So lucky I found this forum!!

I already know how to fix the air con lights, now to try and get the Sat Nav screen sorted.

My screen is fine for about 1 hour, thensuddenly goes off for a coulpe of minutes then comes back on for ten minutes. This then continues for the rest of the journey. (the woman keeps on talking though, like they do)

Biggest problem at the moment is :- How do you get it out of the dash?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

"If it looks hard to do, it just isn't worth bothering"
Homer Simpson 1992

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey there Simofletch.

I have an issue also with my SatNav display, but I dunno if it is the same as your model, mine is a Grandtour Sport from late 2005 with the Original Carminat dsiplay system- not the "pop-up" colour Sat Nav display.

Anyway if you look at the dash board pictures I've attached, (mine is Left Hand Drive, but I'm sure it's the same over in the UK) you will see a white line along the bottom of the display.

In front of the white line there is the seam/join where the whole housing unit joins the dashboard (it's lika an oval shaped unit). At the front edge there are 2 spring clips inside.

Push the housing up and back towards the windscreen - (gentle but constant pressure) and inside the 2 spring clips will release quite easily.

The whole unit lifts out until the limit of the cableing. Release the cabling(2 attachments with locking clips) and lift out the LCD housing.

The LCD itself is easily removed as it is only a few plastic clips that holds it in place.

Swap it out and away you go :)

If it isn't the same model I apologize - but maybe someone else has use for this :)

regardz à tous

Maq

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sat Nav Screen

Hi Maq,

thanks for the reply. It isn't quite the same, but I am sure the principal can't be too much different, so I will give it a go.

I suppose I should have mentioned that the car is a Laguna II Sport tourer Initiale 2002,(if anyone else is wondering)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts