Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of the time the system works perfectly, but on certain occasions when I start the car the CD ejects on it's own and I can't then get the CDplayer to re-accept the disc.

Usually, after leaving the car for a while, it will begin working again when I next use the car. Very frustrating though, especially when I really don't know where I am going!

(sometimes the disc is accepted and everything seems to be working, except that there are no roads on the 'map', just a plain background).

Anyone recognise the problem?

If i were to try to use a lens-cleaning disc in the unit, would it do anything.... when they are used on a normal music-system you are supposed to 'play' the disc to get it to do it's stuff, but there is no option to play a data CD like this.

A bit stuck... any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
The reader would at least spin up the disc and try to read the TOC (table of contents) before realising it didn't have the data disc. On that basis, there may be some mileage in trying a lens cleaning disc, though I've had several iffy audio CD players and have yet to find that a cleaning disc resulted in any improvement.

Ejecting is an unusual fault though, and I don't think it's symptomatic of read errors. I'd be more inclined to suspect a fault in the loading mechanism, with the disc failing to seat on the spindle properly, or maybe the disc failing to spin up to speed. This could be symptomatic of a warped or cracked disc.

If you have a CD writer on your PC, try using Nero or similar to make a copy of the data disc. It's a long shot, but you just might find it works a better with a CD-R copy than it does with the original.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SatNav disc keeps ejecting

I also have this problem. It's accompanied by a chattering sound so I guess the drive is on the way out.

When it packs up completely I'll take it apart to try to identify and replace the optical deck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts