Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Scénic 1.6, 16V, 79kW, 2002
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
a problem occured on my car. When I turn the engine ON all the light goes off as usual. But after first intense breaking the ESP, SERV (service) and ABS goes on (orange colours).
The diagnostics is silent. There is no error code shown.
I tried to find a solution online and these are the points I have collected:
1) might be a bad battery - I own the car for 5 years and the battery is still the same. The previous owner did not mention changing it but it is not the original. The Volatage of the battery is OK (14,4V while the vehicle is running) and 12,4V while the car is off.). I charge the battery every year before winter.

2) might be a bad or dirty ESP sensor (or damaged power line to it) - With this I would need a little help. I know the sensor is supposed to be somewhere behind the wheel but unfortunatelly I do not know how it looks. Can somebody please help me identify it? How should I clean it? I suppose a really good wash with brake cleaner and brush rub would be fine?

If you have another suggestion about the problem I would be gratefull if you share your expercience with it.
Thank you
Jan

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,104 Posts
I would go for option 1. Voltages appear OK but it is about time for a new one anyway. You don't want it to let you down without warning and it might cure your problems.

A bad sensor would leave a malfunction code - assuming your reader can detect it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunatelly even with brand new battery the problem is still occuring. Does anybody have some other suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I have tried measuring the wheel sensor. All of them should be fine. They are all getting 5V, they all have resistance 1000-1050 Ohm which is like a brand new sensor and when I am spinning the wheel the sensors are generating Voltage. So the sensors are probably all good.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,404 Posts
Have you tried diagnosing first

Try this.
Connect diagnostics
Wait for fault code, dont switch ignition off should with a bit of luck show a pending fault

If yes your pending fault is telling you whats amiss and go on this as being the reason

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the car has been on diagnostics. Problem is that the ABS ESP and serv light turns on randomly. On first checkup in the service they said there is no fault code and the lights were off. I had to came back when the light were ON and did not turn the engine off becuase it resets everytime I turn the engine off. They still said there are no error codes in the memory.
I think my car is too old and this circuit is not connected to the OBDII diagnostics socket.

When getting the measurement from the front right wheel I have noticed there is some clicking comming from the engine when the ignition is ON (I was checking if the sensor is getting 5V when the ignition is on). When looking for the noise I found out that it is comming from the ABS module (0265225107). I am not sure if it is supposed to click?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts