Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I got 2004 Scenic 1.5 dci, Which recently has come up with no starting. I get Injection Fault message on a dash. Previously i was getting this message while driving, if i tried accelerate it will come up with this message, but no stalling or power loss, just shows for couple of seconds and then its gone till next time. Anyway i go *** towed to mechanic, hooked up to diagnostic and it come up with error code DF 772, but no explanation. Also it would show as fuel temp at 50C . Mechanic used and easy start spray and managed to start it, but stil no wiser why fuel tem showing so high. I did had timing belt, water pump, Air, oil, fuel filter changed, just few days before. :confused:

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
If the fuel temp sensor is showing 50C at a cold start-up then I suspect you have a fuel pressure problem. If the high pressure fuel pump can't generate sufficient pressure during cranking the injectors won't fire. Giving the engine a sniff of the deadly stuff probably gets it spinning quick enough to attain pressure.

Check the fuel filter for signs of metal particles - if only to rule out the possibility of high pressure pump failure.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there. Just an update. mechanic did an injectors leak test and 2 of them are leaking, one 4 times more there other 10 times more. So now its to take them all out and send for checking,reconditioning as needed.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Hey there. Just an update. mechanic did an injectors leak test and 2 of them are leaking, one 4 times more there other 10 times more. So now its to take them all out and send for checking,reconditioning as needed.

Have you checked the fuel filter yet? Damaged injectors is a sign of being comtaminated with metal particles.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well another update. All injectors had to be reconditioned, but once fitted back there were still problems. Turn out it was a faulty fuel filter, catching air and recirculating it so because of that pump could not get sufficient pressure. Changed the filter to genuine Renault one, and the problem is gone. Will be a good lesson to buy only a genuine Renault fuel filter. And no i haven't tested fuel pump, as that alone would have costed over 450 euros to recondition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.