Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in a mk 2 scenic 1.5dci to a mk 3 scenic 12mths ago. The mk 3 has the same engine and hp, however I am getting 5 to 7 miles per gallon less out of the mk3. I have also noticed the mk3 is less responsive when excellerating.
Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
MK3 Scenic Dynamique 1.9 Dci 2010
How many miles has the car covered, is it on short runs, also try resetting the computer so it zeros the readout.

I am not sure but I think the mark 111 is a heavier car so could affect mpg.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I have covered around 12k since I bought the car new; the fuel consumption is around 5mpg worse on long motorway runs (the same journey in old and new car) and around 7-10mpg on short runs. I have tried resetting the trip computer and still get the same results.
rob

Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
MK3 Scenic Dynamique 1.9 Dci 2010
As there is a minimum 35kg weight difference between the mk11 and mk111 this could be the reason for your mpg being higher or lower, depends which way you look at it, and in my experience the engines on Renault dont really loosen up till 1500/2000 miles have been covered so it's a case of wait and see.

Registered
I also traded in a mark II scenic which was averaging 49 mpg for a mark III scenic, from which I can only get 45 mpg from normal driving (47 mpg at very best from very easy driving). This is very annoying as official figures are 57 mpg combined and I was hoping to save some money on fuel not pay more.

Registered
I have recently purchased a 2013 Renault Scenic 1.5dCi which has nearly 4000 miles on the clock. I have been horrified to find I am getting less than 45mpg.
I am 76 have had five Scenics three being 1.5dCis and am not a boy racer. My first dCi was doing 60+mpg the second 54mpg which were reasonably close to the manufacturers figures but the combined figure for the mark 3 is 68.9 when fitted with 18'' wheels (crafty). This means I am getting 24 mpg less than I should be.
Although I like the Scenic and have never had any real problems this will be my last.

Registered
I have the 1.5dci all be it in a Clio, when we bought it at the end of January it had covered 6000 miles and was returning 43mpg we where horrified but since then and now on 12000 miles its got a heck of a lot better reading average 58mpg.
But another train of thought is maybe the computers have got better at showing a more accurate figure for mpg than they where as the on board computers in older cars where always notorious for false readings in most marques of car.
As been said for peace of mind brim the tank and do the maths :d

Registered
What about sticking some decent quality oil into the engine?
Do the usual and check tyre pressures etc. i think the scenic 3 is a heavier car but also things like the wing mirrors are larger (and nice) but might hurt the aero.

Registered
I've just got a mk3 , got 60k miles , on a long run I can get around 52ish , everyday driving it's only getting around 48mpg, I had a mk2 which would do no less than 54 ,or on a run 58mpg, I would have thought with every new model the mpg should be improved ,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.