Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Would appreciate everyones help, i purchased a second hand Scenic 1.6 Expression Automatic 2002 2 weeks ago, 27,000 Miles on the clock, and the Automatic Gearbox warning light has come on twice in the last few days. The first time it happened the car jolted, and the second time i did not notice any problems with the car.

In both cases the light went off when i switched the ignition off and on again.

Renault dealer wants £75 to diagnose this issue, but as the light has gone away, and its driving fine, i dont know if it is a real problem or not.

If any one has experienced this problem, or has an idea what the problem may be then i would appreciate your responses

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ths Chris, but how do i check the automatic fluid level, i thought it was sealed, and also is it possible for me to top it up ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
auto gear box warning light

Hi, I'm getting a similar prob on my 2ltr scenic (2003) which i have bought recently so would be interested to know how to top up the gearbox oil

I also got the standard response from Renault of £75 for a diagnostics check

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi you guys, I have the same problem on my Scenic 1.6 Auto 2007, took it a Renault garage, as its happening every day now, the problem is what they call a MVA needing to be replaced at a cost of £580!!!! Got no choice but to do it.
Now,,everyone I call Renault UK to have this recorded to my car(should they have a 'recall' and maybe get some cash back). As I hear and read of so many other Renault drivers with this problem. Should we all get together and place a compliant to Renault UK, or make this public, and make them take a recall on automatics??
paul A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts