Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a starting problem. After the engine has been stopped for sometime, eg overnight, air has got into the fuel system.

So the engine won't start until the fuel pump has been re-primed. As you are instucted to do, in the haynes manual, after a feul fiter change. Bubbles can be seen in the plastic fuel pipes.

It has the one piece fuel filter with the five snap connectors on the top. I replaced the fuel filter to see if this cured the problem - it didn't!

Is this a known problem? Has anybodyelse had this problem? Any ideas how to find where the air leak is? No sign of leaking fuel!

Steve

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,927 Posts
The quick release connectors have been know to leak
air into the system, but I would suspect the priming bulb,

·
Registered
89 Posts
There isn't a priming bulb, the electronic lift pump does the priming and, if necessary, bleeding.
I would say that there is an air leak in the system somewhere though, but good luck finding it with the myriad of various feed and return pipes!!
Check the fuel lines under the car too, maybe someone has attempted to steal your fuel, or has stolen some, and either cut/damaged or not refitted correctly one of the pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts