Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post, about a Scenic that is doing my head in! I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find a specific answer to my problem.
The clutch started slipping/burning like a good one, so I changed the clutch for an LUK clutch, the release bearing had already been changed around 15,000 miles ago, the only thing wrong with it was the clutch slipping. I also fitted a solid mass flywheel as the dual mass that was in it needed replacing.

It drives 100%, better than ever in fact, but it has an annoying issue whereby twice in the last three months the pedal will go to the floor, all you have to do is lift it back up and it's fine again, there are no leaks from the system, norp from the master (which I have looked at) or the pipework or the concentric slave (the fluid hasn't gone down at all). It bled up ok, but I wondered if it's simply got some air trapped somewhere in the system or if it's completely nothing to do with that. The pedal doesn't pump up or show any signs of creeping, to be honest this sort of system is a bit lost to me (much happier with old fashioned systems) which is why I followed all the advice I could find before doing the job, just this little niggle that needs sorting now.
TIA.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,117 Posts
if it did not do that before ( when the clutch was slipping) then it must be something you have disturbed when you changed the clutch, or the new clutch has just allowed another fault to be showing, if the pedal goes all the way to the floor, then you have a leak ( which you have disproved) or the fluid has found a way around a seal in the master cylinder or the concentric slave cylinder and pulling the pedal back up again pushed it back the other way and slipped the seal back into place, one of these days its going to fall to the floor and stay there - this is all supposition mind you

just wondering why you wouldnt have changed the release bearing when it was part of the LUK kit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I think a new master is on the cards, being more preferable to change, then.
The kit I got from Pieces Auto had no release bearing/concentric slave in the box, just the pressure plate and spring plate, I was loathed to change it as it has been recently replaced, and have read experiences of poor quality replacements entailing removing the box again, which is not a joyous experience in my opinion.

When it sticks it feels almost as though something is jamming it (although it lifts freely), rather than sinking as you would expect, I may make a stop to stop the clutch pedal going right the way to the floor and try that out for a bit.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,463 Posts
Check the pedal box, no guarantees but make sure nothing is slipping there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts