Independent Renault Forums banner

Scenic 1 clock

725 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hockley82 
#1 ·
I have an issue with the Clock/radio display on my Scenic 1, when the the engine is off (key removed) The clock radio light flickers on and off , settings do not get lost (time is ok)
When the engine is on the clock is fine, however i have occasionally seen slight light coming from the left hand side of the dash can just about see the fog light illuminated but not as if it was on.

It may be coincidence but this started after i had the throttle cable replaced, is there any chance something could have happened.

any ideas apprieciated

#2 ·
Hi Hockley82 and Welcome.
Could it be as simple as a bulb ? http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/129-...enic-i-replacing-clock-radio-bulbs-guide.html
Something could have got disturbed during the cable replacement. The plug at the back of the cluster is one possibility.
As a general rule before going anywhere near cluster, radio, heating or front seat plugs it is worth letting the car sit for 15 mins and then disconnecting the battery. Some cars will throw an SRS warning if the airbag or pretensioner circuits are opened with the battery connected. Those systems can share plugs with anything on or near the dash.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply i actually did replace the bulbs about 6 months ago, i dont think its the bulbs as all seem well when engine is running. Might give the cluster a look. Could maybe be bad earth, just add it to the list of other problems that need sorting:
Blower only working on 4(resistor replacement) and rear door intermittently not locking
Fun times

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.