Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
Aft emptying out refrigerant entirely, what type/brand refrigerant can I use and how much should I fill?
What will be the min/max PSI/Bar values?
One web site suggests R134a 700gram on Scenic 1 (1999-2003) (autoklima.org)
What other refrigerants can be used for Scenic I Phase2 Year2002?
Thank you in advance
Regards,

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
R134a is the only current refrigerant allowed because the mechanical components of the AC system was spec'd for that particular gas (pressure/temperature characteristics)

There are no universal min/max pressure values to be used - the successful filling process is dependent on the current ambient temperature and humidity, the cleanliness of the individual radiators (evaporator and condenser) and the volume of airflow over those radiators (fan speeds and filter cleanliness) - a pressure temp chart such as this is used to determine pressures

Caution though ............... how and why was the system emptied "entirely" and was a vacuum pulled and integrity confirmed of the system as a whole? .............. also was the system left open to atmospher at any stage and where is the AC pump's oil and how much of that is left in system?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got no clue. I guess mechanics know what they was do (not always). When I visited him he said he changed the coolant. I asked him what/how much he had used. He said that he used the best available in the market ??? For this reason, I wanted to double check with the expert. Thx for the reply I really appreciate it

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
Changed the "coolant" ?
"Best"?

There is absolutely no reason why ANY mechanic should consider "changing" the refrigerant - EVER

............or are we not talking about the same thing at all?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,408 Posts
If a mechanic said to me that he changed the coolant I would assume he meant the engine coolant...anti-freeze????

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If a mechanic said to me that he changed the coolant I would assume he meant the engine coolant...anti-freeze????
Nope he meant A/C Anyway I dont go to that garage anymore, filed a petition as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts