Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have acquired a Renault scenic 2 1.5 DCI privilege which I'm quite proud of after driving company cars for 20 years it's the first car I've ever bought in ages, but it has the 'check airbag' message on the dash.

I have reseated the connectors under the seats and cleaned the connections with solvent cleaner, I have also unplugged and cleaned the pretensioner connections by the seatbelt receivers.

Managed to get car scanned, favour from a rac bloke i have attached a pic of the scan, I'm thinking of chopping out the connectors under the seats and soldering and heat shrink the cables.

Couple of question, anyone else have any idea of any other options or checks I should be doing and will I need to get the airbag ECU cleared every time or will the code clear when the problem has been resolved and the battery is connected?

I have also noticed that looking at the connectors under the seats some cables are linked in the plug, should these be soldered together or should all cables be soldered directly across without taking notice of the copper in the plug? If that makes sense ....I will try and take a pic..

Looks like the front seats are coming out again.
Oh well needs a vacuum

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have attached a pic of the under seat connector on the passenger side, as you can see from the copper connector in the plug there is really it 3 connectors as they are joined in sets of two.

I think I am fighting a lossing battle with the first code on the SRS list computer locked......?

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,294 Posts
The DF066 could be an incompatibility between that reader and the car, he said optimistically:)
The DF034 I would generally associate with a post impact controller that needs crash data erased. However I have seen reports of people managing to lock the SRS controller by messing around with CLIP.
I would call one of those crash data erase crowds and explain the problem. Be careful they tend to over promise. In addition I would go to a body shop and see if they will give you the number of their itinerant controller re-setter guru and listen very carefully. He might say it's a doddle for him or suggest getting a used part with matching numbers and it could well work. Damhik.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Brenden,

Checking cables at the moment, but I'm guessing even if I fix the problem the airbag ECU will have to be unlocked, so I may be going around in circles ...

I wonder if getting a second hand airbag ECU off eBay would work

Will do a Google and crash data erasers and send some data to them.

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,294 Posts
Do you think the controller is the original?
Could someone have gone down the used route and got it wrong?
Getting one from the bay is fraught. If it's not an exact match it could end up looking for airbags you don't have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be car seems to be well looked after but new to me in august.

Rac did erase data and advised df210 was the one that came back up, although I'm sure I took that pic after they cleared it all.

I don't think that is just going to go away when I find the fault, think it all needs to be cleared.

Ordered some resistors so might go down that route, might drive down to my Dacia dealer and say Im interested in a new duster but need this fixed before doing a deal and want to fix it myself!..might get it on a clip for free, Dacia dealers are far more understanding than Renault dealers

Strange thing is it passed the MOT like this..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fitted a new to me second hand replacement ECU this morning and it's fixed the problem.

Just have to make sure all the number match.

I have notice that the driver's seat belt pretensioner has been replaced, the red is not sun bleached like the others In the car so must of gone off and locked the ECU.

Pretensioner replaced but ECU not unlocked, will keep the old ECU and look into a way of unlocking out of the vehicle and may return it back Into it at a later date...or it might sit on my to do list

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,294 Posts
I don't know if this is as much an issue with Dacia/Renault but some cars, V70s for one, will lock the SRS controller if any part of the system is disconnected with the battery still connected and it then needs high end diagnostic kit to clear it.
Any time I go near the bags system the battery is disconnected and I wait 15 minutes or so for all the controllers to go to sleep. In one case what started out as a seemingly straightforward contact reel replacement ended up with the controller losing it's mind to the point that even Volvo couldn't reload the software. Used part sorted it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts